"New farm with old charm" is a good way to describe Shelterwood Farm. Though built in 2006, this home was inspired by the Leelanau bungalow/cottage-style farmhouse and sits in a beautiful pastoral setting on 11 or 22 acres. A small livestock barn w/fenced paddocks, fenced pasture w/run-in shed, & native perennial landscaping complement this idyllic setting in beautiful Leelanau County. Ideal home for couple or family with interests in farming, gardening, horses, livestock... or just living in the peaceful countryside.
- House & outbuildings on 11 acres for $224,900, or...
- House & outbuildings on 22 acres for $279,000
Homeowners Erin & Vic Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-409-0067 (Erin is office manager for Serbin Real Estate).
Panoramic Countryside Views...
- Fiber cement lap and board & batten combo siding; cedar trim; exposed rafter tails, upper level dormer, dimensional asphalt shingle roofing, split-faced foundation block
- Covered front porch, support installed for future south side deck, 2 exterior outlets, 2 water spigots
- Extensive natural stone (from property) terracing; native/perennial landscaping
- 2 BR/1.5 BA; approximately 1048 sq/ft finished living space in main and upper levels; additional 672 sq/ft full unfinished walkout lower level plumbed for 3rd full bath & ingress/egress for possible 3rd bedroom and/or family room
- WHOLE HOUSE in-floor radiant heat w/efficient Munchkin boiler furnace
- Open, bright main floor layout; bamboo living room flooring; ceramic tile kitchen, bathroom & entry flooring
- Kitchen w/maple cabinetry (cherry-stained) & stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher, gas range/oven & microwave; snack bar; pantry cupboard
- Main floor half bath, entry area w/coat closet, storage closet, ceiling fans
- Upper level bedrooms w/custom built-in storage cabinets & shelved closets (plus additional knee wall storage), ceiling fans; upper level spacious full bath w/tub & shower combo, pedestal sinks, IKEA medicine cabinets
- Unfinished full walkout lower level w/epoxy floors, new front-loading washer/dryer, new shower stall in future bathroom area, block painted w/moisture block paint (moisture is not a problem, this is just a good sealing paint for block walls)
- DSL high speed internet w/wireless router; wired for built-in speakers in living room, bedroom, upper level bathroom & porch
- Would be easy to add onto for future main floor bedroom, additional living space, or garage
- 4 stall barn w/4 attached paddocks (sturdy wood fencing w/electric rope), feed/storage area, commercial-grade electric, corrugated metal roofing
- Run-in shed (matched to barn) in spacious electric-fenced pasture area
- 12x24x10 round-style all weather shelter
- 22 acres total, comprised of 2 legally split parcels of 11.09 acres (with house and outbuildings) and 11.38 acres (adjacent vacant); survey is available
- Approximately 3 acre mature red pine stand near house, 1-2 acre maturing spruce plantation at rear (West) of property, W boundary just inside hardwoods line, majority of property is very well-maintained, high quality grass/alfalpha hay (this year's 1st cutting yielded 488 bales)
- Gorgeous countryside views in every direction
- 2 minute drive to Maple City village for groceries, gas, dining out & post office
- 2 minute drive to Myles Kimmerly Park - wonderfully maintained 143 acre county park w/soccer fields, baseball diamonds, basketball, volleyball, tennis, frisbee golf, trails, pavilion & playground
- 4 minutes drive to Glen Lake Schools
- 5 minutes to Glen Lake & Lake Michigan; close to Sleeping Bear National Park
- Under 20 minutes to Traverse City
- Propane gas heat, buried electric to house, Dish Network satellite television, phone, private well, septic system